Texas Bluebonnet Writing Project Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

K12Online Keynote - It was awesome!

Okay. So I only "saw" Pete there. (Sounds like a party memory.) It was a fantastic time to discuss David's keynote. If I missed you, I am sorry. Not everyone was using their real names. I have nothing to hide...yet. Anyway, We used a software program called Elluminate. It automatically downloads the needed stuff to your machine when you log in. The entire session will be available online soon, so you can still catch up on what you missed. David also put some great how-to documents on the k12Online site. Be sure to download them for future reference.

I hope to read about your experiences here over the next few weeks. I need a bit to compile my thoughts about this session before I post any more (and I am late for Bible study after skipping another meeting to be online for this event tonight).

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

  • At 10/16/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Pete Smith said…

    I would second that--a great start to the online conference! I plan to take part as it progresses, and thanks to Scott for pointing this out.

    As I have posted before, we have WebEX available through the Center for Distance Education-- although features differ slightly, it is quite comparable to Elluminate. And here's the best part: with a little bit of coordination, it can be used by the BWP group for online meetings!

     
  • At 10/16/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    I will view as I have time. I want to keep up with all I can. kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home