Texas Bluebonnet Writing Project Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wesley Fryer Discusses Podcasting

Wesley Fryer has posted a helpful podcasting post on his blog titled "Audacity for Audio Podcasts." It contains several additional great links to other how-to podcasting posts and sites and discusses Garage Band and Audacity for creating podcasts as well as just audio creation. I thought it might be useful.

Be sure you notice how his own elementary-aged children make their own podcasts. If you get a chance, download some of Wesley's podcasts and take a listen. He provides some wonderful insight on a great many diverse topics. If you have iTunes (or another podcast subscribing software, you can subscribe to his site. He is a much needed part of the global conversation.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/25/2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks, Scott! I just used Garage Band tonight, and it was a BREEZE!

     
  • At 6/26/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher said…

    We've used audacity for ours because we have PC's and then upload to archive.org. I used the instructions in David Warlick's classroom blogging book. One of you may want to review it for your class, it has a lot of great information and how to's.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Scott S. Floyd said…

    Thanks, Vicki. I have that book and love it. I used it extensively in some graduate research on blogging in the classroom shortly after it first came out. I need to get it out of my classroom and bring it to the class. Thanks for reminding me of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home