Texas Bluebonnet Writing Project Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Six Word Story. Say what?

It has been a few days since I blogged here. No, I am not going to remind you that the K12Online Conference starts today. (oops).

What I do want to share with you is a cool wiki writing idea that another writing project came up with. Here is his invitation to join:

Hi everyone

I hope no one minds me presenting a collaborative idea to all of us (I like collaboration, it turns out).
I just received my recent edition of Wired magazine, and they had a very cool feature on Six Word Sci-Fi Stories, and I thought, shoot, we could do that.
So why don't we?
I created a Wiki (through SeedWiki) and I want to invite anyone, and everyone, to go there and write your own six word tech story.
The directions are on the Wiki.

The site is: http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/sixwordstory/

I look forward to scanning your stories (it's six words after all).

Peace,
Kevin Hodgson
Western Mass Writing Project


Janelle, Kelly, and I are already posted. That gives us three from our project. Help increase the numbers with your submissions. Now one of the examples he shares has foul language in it, so I would not share this site with your students (Hello, Bible Belt). Just go and create your own. I am using my class blog to do it with my students. Then we are going to vote on the Top 10 at the end of the week. This is going to be one of the most challenging writing assignments they have all year.

We will not start posting until tomorrow, but you can find our blog here. The student blogs are listed on the right hand side. You can read through their work and comment if you wish. The class password is woms. I still get all of the comments and posts first before they ever hit the web. I can delete or approve at will. Make sure you read Thien V.'s blog. He is an ESL student that has a unique grasp of the English language in his writing. I love it, although my GHS (grammatically high strung) partner next door hates it. Oh well.

We do not have a lot posted since we just started a few weeks ago. Last year's groups have been archived and cannot be accessed by the public(bummer).

2 Comments:

  • At 10/28/2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    This is Kevin, from Western Massachusetts, and I hope your own version of the SixWordStory goes well. I would love to know how it all turns out.
    I appreciate that you folks down in Texas are so willing to try out new things.
    Best of luck!
    Kevin

     
  • At 11/17/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Scott S. Floyd said…

    Thanks, Kevin. Enjoyed the opportunity to participate. My students did the same. I will shoot you the link when they all finish adding them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home