Texas Bluebonnet Writing Project Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dessert Pizza

Some of you have asked for the recipe for the dessert pizza (to avoid infringing on any copyright laws, Kelly Frankum gave me the recipe. ;)

What you need:

1 package of already-made sugar cookie dough (I think mine was Pilsbury ?)
1 regular size cream cheese
1 small jar of marshmallow cream
fresh fruit of your choice (about 3 cups - I used blueberries and strawberries. I wanted to put some kiwi on it, but the kiwi at Costco was nasty. Kelly sometimes will put sliced banana on hers - but if you do this, remember to add lemon juice to keep from browning! :)

What you do:

Spread the cookie dough onto a 13" pizza pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 13 minutes (until golden brown)

Mix together the marshmallow cream and cream cheese. Dip your finger in and taste it. ;)

Prep your fruit of chioce of (wash 'em up, cut 'em up, etc. I use vinegar to clean my fruit, and I get made fun of by some family members for this, but hey, it gets it cleaner than water alone! :)

Let the cookie cool for a while.

Spread the cream cheese/marshmallow mixture over the cookie.

Add fruit.

Cover and refrigerate.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks for citing your reference! It's interesting that you use vinegar to clean the fruit (better than water) but you stick your finger in the cream cheese/marshmallow creme layer. Do you double-dip? ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger Jeannine Hirtle said…

    Thanks so much for sharing--yummy!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    As Rachael Rae would say, "Yum-oh!"

    Thanks.

    I liked the red, white, & blue touch...it would be a nice treat for the Fourth.

     
  • At 7/12/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger rileycat7 said…

    No, I don't double-dip! So, no worries, anyone! I do take care to not do anything nasty when I'm making food for others - and I always pray that the people who make food I eat have taken as much care! (EEwww! to think about the possibilities of nasties... haha)

    Janelle, I almost made a US flag as the deco on top - but I decided to just slap it on there, instead. :) But yeah, that would be cute for the 4th...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home