Texas Bluebonnet Writing Project Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Using Literacy for PD at Your Own Pace

“Sometimes I think my blogging is self-assigned professional development - forcing myself to take the time to think more deeply about certain ideas.”

The Fischbowl: Who's the Audience?


Have you ever thought of blogging in this way? It is what drives me in this area of the new web. As an information junkie, I am always trying to figure out a more efficient way of learning more in less time. Blogs eliminate a lot of the searching I had to do before because there are so many people doing the work for you now. I challenge you to blog for this reason if no other. While the state might say you have to get PD hours, make them useful. Remember, you can count the time you spend blogging and reading for a portion of the time. This is what Texas law reads:


Texas Administrative Code Title 19, Part 7, Chapter 232, Subchapter B
(c) Participation in interactive distance learning, video conferencing, or on-line activities or conferences.
(d)Independent study, not to exceed 20% of the required clock hours, whichmay include self-study of relevant professional materials (books,journals, periodicals, video and audio tapes, computer software, andon-line information) or authoring a published work.

Take advantage of it and gain ownership of your own learning today.

4 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2006 6:13 AM, Blogger Jeannine Hirtle said…

    I feel that you are leading our virtual staff deveopment. I've learned so much from you as you have explored other blogs and shared with us! Our blog, thanks to you and others is a rich resouces of many theories,thoughts, concepts and ideas. Thank you!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9/28/2006 6:14 AM, Blogger Jeannine Hirtle said…

    Or maybe I should say virtual continuity--I guess "continutity" in NWP terms is the staff development we do for ourselves!

     
  • At 9/28/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Scott S. Floyd said…

    I just hope more people jump in and converse with me through it. Thanks for your part of the discussion. It keeps me going and lets me know others are "listening."

    By the way, did you check out the Mapstats yesterday? We had someone viewing from Colorado and a spot in Africa. That's cool.

     
  • At 10/01/2006 1:42 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Thank you Scott for keeping the blog current. I don't always respond with a comment, but I do check out your suggestions. So much to do and so little time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home